5 Reasons to Love Fall Comfort Food
By Schwan's Home Service, October 10, 2016
These meals are like favorite sweaters: cozy, familiar and warming. Here are five reasons to embrace the enticing flavors of fall:
1. You spent the afternoon raking leaves. Celebrate your labors with a savory Chicken Pot Pie featuring a buttery, flaky crust and chunks of juicy white chicken breast and homestyle gravy.
2. Throwing a pumpkin carving party. While the family creates their masterpieces, keep a pot of warm Loaded Baked Potato Soup on the stove for people to enjoy when they need a break. All the flavors of a fully dressed baked potato in every spoonful.
3. Game day with the whole family. You won’t miss a play when you prepare a Slow-Roasted Beef Pot Roast with Gravy. Fork-tender, slow-roasted and perfect for a home-cooked meal.
4. Drying off from a cold and rainy week night. The sun shining through colored leaves is beautiful, but some fall days bring sleet and rain. Nothing warms the soul like a Mini Beef Pot Roast, perfectly portioned for a quick meal or a hearty roast beef sandwich.
5. Sunday Dinner after apple picking. What pleases the whole family? Cheesy, meaty traditional Family Meat Lasagna with Four Cheeses is a simple, delicious go-to any time the whole family gets together. Handcrafted and layered, just pop it in the oven and serve in less than an hour!