Schwan’s Chef Collective: Charred Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Thyme Butter Recipe
By Schwan's Home Service, June 24, 2016
When you sear Brussels sprouts in hot butter, their tightly bound little leaves open up and soak up the rich flavors of the pan. The leaf edges brown and curl, crisping and resulting in a toasty, charred flavor that is irresistible. Once you try this recipe, you’ll never want to prepare Brussels sprouts any other way.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 bag Petite Brussels Sprouts (780), frozen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Sauté Brussels sprouts in butter for 2–3 minutes in an oven-safe skillet.
- Add thyme and lemon juice and cook an additional minute.
- Place pan in oven and bake 8–9 minutes.
- Dust surface with flour and roll out biscuits into a 4″x4″ circle.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and lemon zest, then serve.