Schwan’s Chef Collective: Fire Roasted Chicken and Corn Empanadas Recipe
By Schwan's Home Service, June 15, 2016
Empanadas are savory filled pastries that originated in Portugal and Spain. Their popularity has also spread across Latin America, North America, and Southeastern Asia. This empanada recipe, inspired by the Schwan’s Chef Collective, is easy to make and features many of your Schwan’s Home Service favorites, like our flaky and buttery Southern Style Biscuits.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 Southern Style Biscuits (668), thawed
- 1 cup Fire Grilled Chicken Breast Strips (496), slightly thawed
- 1 cup Super Sweet Cut Corn (773), frozen
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon chopped thyme
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Flour for dusting
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Saute garlic in butter for 1-2 minutes.
- Blend in chicken, corn, sour cream, thyme, Parmesan, chipotle peppers and lime juice.
- Cook an additional 4-6 minutes, then season to taste.
- Dust surface with flour and roll out biscuits into a 4″x4″ circle.
- Divide filling onto each biscuit. Fold half of biscuit side over, and seal edges with a fork.
- Brush egg over top of biscuits, bake 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.